Saturday, April 2, 2011

Links to good things (working with people edition)

In going through some of the articles/posts online that have caught my interest, I thought I'd pass on links to some great items from the last week or two. For the most part these relate to working with others to get things done. Please note, there is no April Fool's joke tucked in here. I'll leave that to folks like Google

  • Straight from one of the MIT alumni emails...This woman is doing some cool things related to using Improv skills in Business. There's even a CNN article about it.
  • As I mentioned in a previous post, I admire the resiliency of Japan. One of my inspirations when it comes to presenting, Garr Reynolds, lives in Japan and wrote a post on a similar theme. Fall down seven times, get up eight.
  • Paul Tevis did it again with this post, which struck me as a wonderful and succinct version of "You control your own destiny. Now what do you want to make happen?". Choose Wisely. Though, to get the full view, you should also read the follow-up post.
  • I caught on to McKinsey Quarterly after becoming a manager, and there's lots of great stuff in their archives. In the lastest "most popular from this quarter" round-up, they linked to Seven steps to better brainstorming, which has some great tips for getting concrete results from one of my favorite activities. I love brainstorming! (The site may require registration, but there's no fee for general access)

No comments:

Post a Comment