Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Further motivation for working out

If self motivation isn't enough for you to get your workout in, you can try paying for it. I mean, paying for when you miss it. Chris Shugart recently wrote about this phenomenon over on T-Nation. Gyms actually charge you for your no-shows! 

Chris also wrote one of my favorite explanations of how you get to the point where working out becomes a habit, even enjoyable: Do it until it doesn't suck


He says, "I remembered then some of my first serious workouts years before. I remembered dreading going to the gym, hating every second I was in there, and being glad each workout was over. I remembered having to force myself to go." 


Yeah, who doesn't know that part of building up the habit? In fact, I'd say I've kind of slipped back into that point. But I'll still go. And I'll be glad I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment