Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Inspiration from friends

In the online portion of my life I'm not a super-huge blog devotee, but I certainly have a number of them that I follow. I'm sure I'll point to them as I go. But I was thinking today how amazing it is that many of the friends I've known for years write great blogs! Even if I didn't already know them I would enjoy their great observations, as well as the fact that they can make me think, or laugh, or learn. Sometimes all three at once! Here's a handful of them:

Batty.us (Life Art Bacon): A rockin' woman from back in the day (that's a tale for another time)... Batty! She's a true inspiration for remaking your life the way you want it to be. Plus, since I love to do weight-lifting with significant weights, she's also my current workout role model!

designcult: James has some brilliant observations about design, interaction, and technology and it always seems to relate to some of the things I'm dealing with at work. Another friend for ages, too. Plus, you can see him speak at SXSW!

Raising 3 kids, 1 cocktail at a time: Kristine recently started her blog, though I've known her for years. I don't have one kid, much less three, but still enjoy her writing very much.

The World's Address: He hasn't updated very recently, but Adam is up next. I may be slightly biased seeing as how I'm engaged to him, but he is, in fact, a great writer and I enjoyed reading his stories well before we were dating!

Paul Tevis: I mentioned Paul's blog in my first post, but since I'm making a list, I'll give him a proper shout out. His topics are varied, but always of interest. Plus he spends time each week reflecting on lessons learned and ways in which he can improve... another inspiration!

There's many more, but that will have to be the pause point for today. Thanks to all of my friends who share bits and pieces of their lives with the world!

1 comment:

  1. W00t thanks for the shout out! I'm slowly working on this sucker! xo

    ReplyDelete