Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hello World!

Is it only old school folks who still do the Hello World thing?

I've dabbled in blogs in the past. I kept track of 2008 presidential candidate visits to NH and reported on each visit. I kept a daily blog for my travels around the Pacific Rim in 2009 and a great trip to China before that. And I got lots of great feedback about both of those blogs, which was and is much appreciated!

So I thought I might start a more non-specific blog. I'm very much inspired by the blog of my friend Paul Tevis, where he writes about things both large and small. I have some thoughts on managing and leading as I've finished my first year and a half as a manager. I have some thoughts about interaction design, or maybe more specifically about generating ideas, evaluating ideas, and getting in touch with customers and users. I have thoughts on fitness, cooking, gardening, knitting, movies, and a whole range of topics. But we'll see what develops... tags are my friend.

And the name... Passionately Peckish... Yes, well that pretty well describes my view of life. I'm very passionate about the things I care about. Ask my friends. Ask my coworkers. I pretty much bubble about the good stuff, and most of the stuff is good!

And peckish. I certainly find myself peckish in the traditional sense, as I like to eat small meals frequently so am often just a little hungry. But I'm also peckish for a bit more learning, a bit more travel, a few more experiences, and some more life. I'm always wanting a little more to enjoy and cherish, even as I feel satisfied with what I've got. In other words: This is fun! What else can I do to add to it? And how can I share it?

So Hello World. Let's see what we can get going here!

No comments:

Post a Comment